Thursday 24 February 2011

1930's Photographs

Hello me dearies, long time, no writey!
I really want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to leave a message regarding the passing of George. I've read the messages out to my family and we are all grateful for your knid words. I would also like to take a moment to send my condolences to those of you who have also lost a loved one.

Considering how quiet the house is now, I should be able to get a lot done, but instead, I find I'm distracted by the silence and the empty chair. I'm comforted a little by the fact that from the office, I can look out on George's grave, which has now be edged with stone and planted with his favourites; Snowdrop, Daffodil, Iris and Lily of the Valley.

So to try and ease back into some "normality", I thought it was about time I did something I promised to do last year!
I found a small album and bag of photos in an antiques shop, and I've finally taken some photos. I would have scanned these in, but the scanner will not talk to the computer, although the computer will talk to the printer/scanner/copier to print... Everyone has a hissy fit at some point, it's the scanner's turn!

So, without further a do...


Just last week I bought myself a sewing patern for a skirt like this, although I would also like the house and dog!


The jumper on the left reminds me a little of this one. The girl on the left is Denise and the girl on the right is either Audrey or Joyce (names obtained from different photos)


Denise again. How lovely is that collar?


How sweet is this one? Check out those shoes!

Tres bon souvenir - Jaqueline
Most of the photos are from one family in the West Midlands, but a few are French, the one above is.

I have a load more, but I'm going to space them out over the next few weeks.

Hope you're all well

Jenny xx

6 comments:

  1. I love black and white photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love to see photos of real people in the 30's! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos...they're fascinating.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to look at old black and white photo's they seem to have so much more style than ones today, and the fact you date them by the clothes they wore. Look forward to seeing the others, take care, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. People and their pets in vintage photographs, one of my favourite subjects.

    Oh dear, sorry to hear dear old George is gone. I think I kinda know how that must feel. I do like that last photograph, what a majestic creature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely photos. Seeing old photos makes me a little sad, as someone loved them once. And it makes me curious about who they are too! Lovely finds, fascinating to see real vintage I'm glad you are back. x

    ReplyDelete